Friday

Whitehorse is cool...not just cold!


(picture of Whitehorse in Winter. I didn't take this photograph, some other person did)


Visiting Whitehorse has been great. It's not very big and does stay in an almost perpetual state of winter, but the people here seem genuinely kind and open and there is so much happening! Live music all the time, coffee shops everywhere, awesome little art shops and collectives (even a quilting store!!!!), book sellers, a library, a HUGE recreation centre, yoga studios, dance studios, recording studios, music stores, sushi (!), doulas, midwives, movie theatres...the "cool" list goes on! I didn't really expect that when I first arrived here. I figured it would be...boring. I was wrong. The prospect of moving up here and working hard to make money, pay off debt, and save is seeming more and more viable and perhaps even wise? I dunno.

What I do know is that the lady in HR at the hospital spoke with a Scottish accent, gave me her home email address on a post-it note and told me I could contact her any time...and the couple we met at dinner today got excited when i mentioned moving up here, saying it was the best place to live in Canada, and without even knowing me, that they would love to have me up here...

Nice people. Very nice people, that much I can say for this place. And the hospital needs experienced transcriptionists. Hmm...we shall see what comes next. :)

No comments: