Thursday

Maple Syrup and Dirt

Yesterday while I was walking home from teaching piano lessons I came across a big hilly area covered with leaves from surronding trees, absolutely covered. I was going to walk right by and responsibly continue on home, but the child inside of me was aching to run straight into the leaves and kick them around everywhere...she wanted to see them fly around her and smell the dirt and cold and wet of them. That's exactly what she did.

I never want to forget that it truly is the small moments in life that make the grand scheme of our lives more beautiful and enriched. So go ahead and make your memories from splendid, beautiful, amazing, courageous, crazy, and lavish things...you'll be proud of it in the end.

Amber

P.S. It dawned on me yesterday that fall smells like maple syrup mixed with dirt...seriously.

No comments: